Pages

Feb 28, 2011

Bicycles can go over the speed limit

I was going 35 in a 25 only zone... on a bicycle.  Yeah....  I turned a corner on a downhill and saw a family of toddler girls riding in a golf cart (no I'm not making this up).  Like an idiot, I slammed the brakes and the bike went out of control.  Using most of my strength, I jerked it sideways so that I wouldn't fall over the handlebars.  I went flying sideways, hit my elbow on the pavement, bounced and rolled in midair.  I hit my hip when I came back down and skidded from there.  It was bloody, and it still is (I've gone through 3 bandages!), but I kept my mouth shut as the golf cart came over to me (the little girls didn't need to learn new vocabulary).  I rode with them and the girls were curious to see how I looked.  I tried to distract them by playing I Spy.  I guess one of them saw my elbow, because she started to cry.  I apologized and thanked for the ride.  We took a look at my elbow and as far as we can tell, it's not broken.  Here's a pic of my elbow.  I washed it up because it kept bleeding.  The funny thing is that it started oozing like crazy after I took the pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment