Pages

Feb 12, 2013

AP Art

Luckily for me, I recently had the chance to change my AP Art portfolio from the daunting "Drawing Portfolio" to the more friendly sounding "2D Design Portfolio."  This may come as a shock to you but my focus in Art is not in forming the figure and creating a sense of three dimensions.  Instead, I focus more on the elements of art and the principles of design and implementing them in interesting and creative ways.  Just to let you know, I took the choice of switching to a 2D Design Portfolio and I have to admit, this opens many different paths that I was unable to take under the burden of a Drawing Portfolio.  In case any of you were wondering, the amount of work and quantity of submissions needed are the same for both the Drawing Portfolio and the 2D Design Portfolio.  In addition to the increased freedom and creativity, I am also able to submit photographs, a field that I have dabbled in here and there.  In regards to AP Art, I am feeling a bit more optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment