Pages

Apr 21, 2011

Story Post 11

As Ali has already told you, the story that I'm creating is based upon real people and real places, just not real events.  Anyways, I thought it would be cool to finally tell the Nights story.  Everything before the psi elements came in is true.  The warehouse... everything.  Hope you guys enjoy the story and learn something.
     *                                                        *                                          *
      After what seemed like forever sitting in a crowded office, Blade finally got the apartment manager to believe that he was 21.  I looked closely at Blade; he was 18, but he did have the appearance of being older than he was.  Perhaps it was the years of hiding that had changed his appearance into something that was to be looked up to.
      "Just take it, okay!  Monthly payment is $475 a month,"  the apartment manager said, flipping a piece of paper at Blade.  Blade grabbed it and scribbled a signature before I could open my mouth.  Freak'n $475?!  I thought to myself.
      Don't worry,  Rea's voice said in my mind.  Blade has the money to pay for it and he will get a job.  I nodded slightly to Rea and gestured to walk out of the cigar-scented office.  I opened the door and let out a deep breath as the cool air rushed around me.  I looked around and saw Rea leaning against the side of the building.  I opened my mouth to speak and then shut it as Blade stalked out with Tony and Ralphie following him.
      Catching my eye, Tony said, "We got the apartment."  He opened the back seat door and gestured for me to sit in the middle.  I groaned and stomped over to the car.
             *                                     *                                     *
      I sighed, falling back onto my bed.  So much has changed.  I thought to myself.  On the way to the apartment, Blade told us our new cover stories.  I was to be Cris White and Rea was to be Jennifer White.  Ralphie's new name was Austen White and Tony got to keep his first name and change his last name to White.  Blade's new cover story was that he was a young widower, called Toby White.  He and Mary, the fake dead wife, had adopted all of their children on the account that Mary could not have children.  "Toby" had come to Little Falls, NY to get away from the rush and stress of the big city.
      I yawned and closed my eyes.  This had been the first time that I had been anywhere near a real bed since... I can't remember.  My eyes drifted closed and I began to dream of angels hiding from mobs of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment