Pages

Apr 6, 2011

Story Post 8

As some of you guys on Facebook already know, I've been camping the entire weekend.  My face is chapped from the winds on Saturday, but it doesn't hurt so I'm okay.  My face is burnt from sitting too close to the fire, though, so I'm going to have to deal with the pain for a while.  I have vowed to never eat chili again in my life and I'm not taking that back.  Anyone that wants to hear the complete story behind that promise, just email me at aaron.mckenzie101@gmail.com  Now with the rest of the story.
     *                                                *                                       *
     The sudden rush in speed made me stumble and Tony ran out to catch me, but I picked myself up.  "Get the red Honda,"  I mumbled, throwing the keys over to Blade.  He grabbed them and started to run toward the Civic.  I caught my breath and ran after them.  Rea jumped into the passenger seat and Blade started the car.  Squeezing in with Tony and Ralphie, I calmed my breathing.  Running over the curb, Blade gunned the car out of the lot.
     "Why are we stealing a car on a Tuesday?"  I asked, craning my neck forward.
     "Because this is the only rent-a-car place that's being broken into on a Tuesday." Rea replied, staring forward.
     I raised my eyebrows and Ralphie snorted.  "I can see the future..."  He said in a creepy voice and Tony elbowed him in the stomach.  My eyes grew wide and Rea turned around in her seat.
      "No one would notice the car was stolen after the burglary."  She said, staring at me.  I nodded, taking in the information like I was a sponge.
     Tony coughed.  "I still feel bad about Zane stealing the car."  He said, smirking.
     "I didn't steal the car," I protested.
     "What did you do, then?" Tony asked, rolling his eyes.
     "I put a dollar on the counter."  I said, defending myself.
     The car grew quiet suddenly and then everyone started to laugh.  "I doubt that you can pay off a rent-a-car with a dollar." Rea said, giggling.  I rolled my eyes and leaned back into my seat.
     Why's it gotta be me that gets laughed at?

No comments:

Post a Comment