Pages

Apr 1, 2011

Story post 7/Finished!

No, I'm not done with the story, but I am almost done with the game I'm designing.  I've got one more dungeon to go and then "Legend of Ganon" is into production!  I'll send a copy of the game to anyone that wants it!  Just email me at aaron.mckenzie101@gmail.com.  No spam, please (doesn't matter; it won't get past the filters I've set up.)  It's Jinx's birthday today (no, I'm not kidding).  He's packing for a trip to Ireland right now, so he's probably not going to return my phone calls for a while.  If you want a souvenir, email him at partycity1@hotmail.com; he might be able to respond to it.  Side note: All of the stores and businesses in this story are real. (Davy J's cafe does exist next to Money Solutions Inc.) Okay, now I'll get on with the rest of the story post.
   *                                                            *                                                                *
     Get ready, a voice said in my mind.  I sat up and grabbed the switch blade that was underneath my pillow.  I jumped off of my mattress and grabbed the duffel bag that was my suitcase.  Feeling my way through the dark warehouse, I made my way to the front of the old storage area.  Ralphie was crouched over, hair wet and dripping. Tony was chuckling quietly and pointing at Ralphie.
      I opened my mouth to ask what happened and then remembered that I couldn't speak.  What happened to Ralphie?  I thought as loudly as I could (how do you "think loudly"?)
      A shriek pierced the air and Rea held her hands up to her head.  I ran over and picked her up and set her on a cardboard box.
     "You don't have to be so loud!"  Rea whispered, glaring at me.  She slowly pulled her hands down and took a deep breath.  I can hear you perfectly fine.
       I sighed and thought as calmly as I could, What's up with Ralphie?  I mentally smacked my forehead for being such a numskull; of course she could hear me perfectly fine.
     He wouldn't wake up,  she replied, rubbing her ears.  We splashed water on his face to wake him up.  Now lets get going.
     I nodded and helped her up.  Tony rubbed Ralphie's hair and motioned for him to stand up.  Blade walked out of the shadows and led the way out of the warehouse.  I walked next to Rea and plugged my mp3 in.  "Dare You to Move" by Switchfoot started to play as I thought quietly, how are we going to get to that place in New York?
     We're going to take a rent-a-car a voice inside of my head replied.  I looked over at Rea, who was scanning the streets for any sign of movement.
     How do you do that, I thought.  I can never tell if you're talking to me or not.
     Loads of practice, she thought back, looking over at the roof tops for any onlookers.  I had to make sure that you never suspected anything was different about us.
     I have a question, I thought, bluntly.  The corners of Rea's curled upwards into a smile at the blatant  statement.
     Ask away, she "said."
     How come you guys accepted me when I didn't have any powers?  I asked.
     Rea was "silent" for a while before answering.  Perhaps it was the main reason why we accepted you,  she thought quietly.  We wanted to act normal, be around normal people.  When you came around, it seemed like the perfect opportunity.  We knew that Ralphie wasn't normal when he came around.
     I nodded and stepped up my pace to keep up with Blade.  We walking towards a plaza.  An office building for Diamond Meat & Food Services Co Inc seated across from Sports Deli.  A small side business called Money Solutions Inc had opened up next to Davey J's Cafe.  In the middle of all of this was "Dollar Rent A Car."
     We stopped and Rea thought, The lights are off.  Zane, run into there and see if you can get us a car.
     Why me?  I thought.  We all know how to pick locks.
     You're the only one that can teleport.   Rea replied.
      I groaned, putting my hand to my head.  I can't control it.  It only happens when I'm really angry or something. 
     "That can be arranged."  Ralphie growled behind me.  Before he even got the chance to do whatever it was he was going to do, I spun around and grabbed his raised arm.
     Ralphies frozen face told me that I was in "teleport mode" (I have no idea what else to call it) so I sprinted over to the rent a car store and got out my lock-picking wire.  After a few seconds (could be less) I got the door unlocked and ran inside.  Expecting the alarms to go off I was greeted by silence.  Hurtiling over the front counter, I grabbed a pair of keys and jumped back over.  Leaving a 20 on the counter, I locked the door and closed it behind me.
     Just as I reached the others, my "teleport mode" turned off.

No comments:

Post a Comment