Pages

Apr 11, 2011

Story Post 9

I am not going to let this story die like a fire... I promise.  I just needed some time to think about what to put next.  Anyways, I decided to put another song in.
      *                                                          *                                                      *
     I must have fallen asleep in the car ride because when I woke up, we were parked in front of a American Eagle outlet store.  "What the heck are we doing here?"  I grumbled, rubbing my eyes.  Everyone looked like they'd been awake for a while, even Ralphie, who was the Nights' very own late sleeper.
     Blade sighed, and unlocked the door to get out.  "We're getting some new clothes,"  He growled, walking out of the Honda.
       My stomach coiled up inside of itself.  I had known the reason why we had to switch clothes, but I had no idea we were going to have to wear... American Eagle.  I shuddered and opened the car door slowly to prolong the wait.
     "Come on," Tony mumbled angrily.  "Let's get this done and be done with it.  I hate this as much as you do."  He nudged me with his elbow and growled.
     I picked up the pace and started to walk slowly towards the store.  The bell dinged and I looked at the clock on the far side of the store.  6:01 AM.  We're probably the first people in the store, I thought to myself.
      "Can I... help you?"  A teen clerk asked us, blond hair looking like it had come straight out of a ABC soap opera.  I noticed that while her voice sounded sincere, her facial expression was obviously disgusted.
     "We're just looking for some clothes," Blade said in his gravely voice.  The clerk shuddered at the sound of it but quickly regained control and smiled polity.
     "Men's are on the left side and... Women's are on the right."  She said, looking disdainfully at Rea.
     I bit my lip, pushing down the sudden rage that threatened to overtake my control.  She's such a jerk, I thought, directing it towards Rea.   
      I know.  It's nothing big, She thought back at me, nodding. She stood straight as if it didn't bother her, but her eyes told a different story.
     Blade opened his mouth to reply to the clerk, but I interrupted him.  "That will be all, thank you." I said darkly, glowering at her.  The clerk hid a gasp and stepped backwards and then played it off with a yawn and twirled around.
     Everyone stared at me, but I hid my face and said, "Let's get this thing done with already, OK?  I'm falling asleep here."  Blade nodded and set off for the coats section.  Tony wandered off into the polo section, thinking really hard.  Ralphie, of course, saw the words "... like Ralph Lauren" and headed off in that direction.  I shook my head and stalked off into the world of button-up shirts.
      After a few minutes of investigating several shades of black and blue, I heard a voice in my mind that wasn't my own.  Thank you, Rea "said".
     I stopped what I wasn't doing and leaned on a mirrored wall.  You're welcome, I thought, thinking back at the clerk's reaction.
     There was silence on the other "end" and then I heard, Time to go; Blade's picked out what he wants.
     I shook m head and grabbed some short sleeve button-up shirts in white and light blue.  I checked their sizes and then grabbed some skinny jeans in dark denim.  Walking calmly up to the register, I saw my favorite clerk was behind the counter.  I put my new clothes on the counter and walked over to Tony, who was done with checking out.  He was holding a load of light blue jeans and a couple of polos and jackets.  Ralphie was shifting from one foot to the other, holding a load of graphic T's and blue jeans.
     "Thank you"  a steely voice said behind me and I saw Rea walking away from the register.  She was holding a pair of brown shoes, some designer jeans, and a load of different shirts and sweaters.  She made a face at me and I went to check out.
    I gave my clothes to the clerk, who bagged them with out a word.  I gathered my stuff and walked out to the car with the others.  Standing by the car with pitch black hair, a brown aviator jacket, deep blue jeans, and leather moccasins, was a 18 year old kid with aviators on.
     "Stop staring at me and get your stuff in the car." Blade growled, getting into the driver's seat and turning on "I Walk Alone" by Green Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment