Pages

Mar 18, 2011

Story post 1

I'm going to start story posting to keep my writing skills sharp.  Hope you guys enjoy it.
     *                                                                    *                                                                 *
     My breathe came out in quick gasps as I bent over, clutching my stomach.  Where was Ralphie? 
     The punk stood over me with some sicko smile on his face.  "Where's your emo club buddies, now?"  He said, running his hands through his hair to give it that classic pretty boy look.  Some clown in the background laughed.
      I growled, pushing the pain out of my mind.  Standing up, I pointed my shaking finger at Chris.  "You're going to regret messing with the Nights."  I snarled, clenching my other fist.
     "Not as much as I'm going to enjoy it" Chris remarked, pulling back his fist to his me again.  In an instant, a fire seemed to grow inside of me, and time slowed down.  I could see Chris's facial expression, the way his fist curved, the expressions of the goons in the background. 
     It's happening again.  I calmly watched as the fist came closer and closer.  When it was an inch from my face, I grabbed it.  Using only a fraction of my new found energy, I pulled it outwards so that Chris stumbled forward.  Sticking out my foot, I tripped him, and watched as he slowly fell to the ground, face first.
      Looking around, I caught a glimpse of Rea as she slowly ran into the crowd.  I sprinted into the crowd, dodging the slowly moving bodies as if I were a fish in the sea.   Grabbing her hand, I didn't stop moving for a moment.  When we were about a foot from the crowd, time speed up again.
      The crowd came back to furious life, looking for the reason for their precious idol's fall.  Within an instant, we were found.  Surging forward, they came closer to us.  I glanced at Rea.  Her head was raised, studying something on the roof.
     Poor, Rea.  Always the dreamer, always distracted by the Earth around her.  I wonder if she even knew the danger we were in.  
     I watched with dread as the crowd came closer.   What the heck are we going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment