Pages

Mar 29, 2011

Story Post 5

I added some information on the story for you guys so I wouldn't have to keep explaining myself.  Enjoy the polls!
      *                                                                           *                                                 *
     Blade cracked his knuckles and sat down in front of me.  "I think that you can teleport" he said seriously, studying my face.  Rea and Ralph had stopped fighting in the background.  Tony was leaning forward to see my reaction.
     "I can't teleport,"  I protested, thinking that the fact was obvious.  "All I can do is go super fast."
     Blade nodded, passively acknowledging the simple fact.  "I know that, but it's the only thing that fits Rea and Tony's description.  So teleporting's what you do."
     I sighed, putting my head in my hands.  Peeking out from between my fingers, I asked "So what can you do?"
     Blade's body stiffened like a plank of wood and Ralphie snickered in the background.  "You asked the question," he said, giggling.  I stared at Blade's expression, waiting to see what it was that I had said wrong.
     Blade shuddered and stood up.  "None of your business," he grumbled, standing up.
     "So what do we do now?"  Rea asked, ignoring the drama between Blade and me.  "Because of Zane's little show in the main street, we can't stay here.  We'll be called freaks."  Her voice trembled slightly, but you wouldn't have been able to tell by the look on her face.
     "We'll run off to another town, away from Pittsburgh."  Blade murmured, thinking really hard.  Rea stared really hard at Blade.  It took me a while to tell that she was communicating with him.  Ralphie coughed loudly and she sighed.
     "We're going to Little Falls, New York.  It's got a population of only 5,188.  We'll still have to dress differently, though,"  she said, rushing the words together.
     "No!" Blade said suddenly.  "We're a family, we're going to look like a family."  He glowered down at Rea.
     "We'll be caught."  Rea said, gesturing to the black outfit she was wearing.  "We don't exactly look like everyday students of America."
     "We're not everyday students of America," Ralphie mumbled, laying down on an empty cardboard box next to Tony.  Tony shoved him off of the box and chuckled.
     Blade glowered at Rea and she stared back.  After a few moments, he relented, saying, "Okay, we'll dress differently.  But,"  he added, putting on his sunglasses.  "We keep the bracelets on."
     I nodded, fingering the rune covered bracelet I had been given when I had first joined Nights.  It's made out of stainless steel pendents and a silicone band.  It snaps on and doesn't come off... easily.  It "grows" with me, so I've never had to replace it since I've had it.  Everyone of us has one, even Blade.  It rarely got dirty and was pretty easy to hide from the cops and teachers.  I never asked Blade where he got them, only why I should have to wear it.  "Keep it on and you're in.  Take it off and you're out of the Nights."  was the only reply I got.
     I walked over to the ladder that lead to my room and got ready to pack up my things.

No comments:

Post a Comment