Pages

Mar 30, 2011

Story Post 6

I've added a music file to this post.  Just look for a name of a song and run your mouse over it and it will turn orange.  Then click on it.
    *                                                        *                                                     *
      After packing the huge load of things into my super large suit case, (did you know that they just added "sarcasm" to the dictionary?), I crept over to Rea's "room" to get some straight answers.
     She was laying on the bare mattress on the second floor of the left wing of the warehouse.  The Nights had tried extremely hard to keep anyone from doing anything to the "abandoned" warehouse or taking interest in it.  Rea's mini boombox I had bought her for her 14th birthday was playing "Hero" by Skillet at medium volume.  Rea was humming in tune with the lyrics I had learned when I was ten years old.
      "So Ralphie can tell the future, huh?"  I said, startling her out of her reverie.  She leap up, pulling a knife out from nowhere and crouched before realizing it was just me.  She flipped the knife closed and walked over to the radio and turned it off.
     "Ralphie can tell the future.  So?" She snapped, blowing her hair out of her eyes.
     "It's just weird; didn't he know that this day would come?"  I asked, sitting down on a broken concrete pillar.  I had always wondered why the heck the other kids had hated the Nights; it's not like we ever did anything bad to them.
     Rea sighed and sat down on the bed.  "There's a limit to how far he can see and how well he can see it.  He can find lost items pretty well."  she said, plugging in her earphones to the mini boom box.  Her eyes shot up to mine and stared at me.  We'll leave by midnight to escape notice.
      I groaned.  "Would you stop doing that?  It freaks me out."  I said, staring back at her.
      This is the only way I'll be able to communicate with you guys, so you better get used to it.  We can't afford to have ourselves caught.
     "Okay, but only until we get to where we're supposed to be,"  I relented, choosing to cut my loses by agreeing with her.  "How am I supposed to speak without using my mouth, anyways?"
      Just think what you're going to say and I'll hear it.  Rea was bobbing her head to invisible music, oblivious to my facial expressions.  I nodded to myself, comfortable in the knowledge that she couldn't see the faces I was making at her.
     I can hear what you're thinking, though, a voice in my mind said.  Rea smiled smugly, still bobbing her head.  I groaned, walking out of the room.
     I'm going to have to start wearing a tin foil hat, I thought to myself. 
     I heard that!
     Get out of my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment