Pages

Mar 28, 2011

Story Post 4

     Okay, I'll start off were I last was...
    *                                                                  *                                                          *    
    "This is...a dream," I said, pacing back in forth in front of Rea, Tony, and Ralphie.  Blade had left after the first time I had said that it was a dream.  "That's just what it is: a dream!"
     It's not a dream, a voice said in the back of my head.  "Would you quit doing that!"  I shouted at Rea, twirling around.  She stared at me smugly.  What are you talking about?  I'm not doing anything.
     "You're doing that stupid voice thingy with your mind!"  I said, pacing faster and faster.  If this is just a dream, then I can't really do that can I?, the voice replied
    I stood there, dumbfounded.  Suddenly I grew angry at everything and everyone.  "Okay, okay, you're right!"  I screamed, turning around to look at them.  They just sat there with a dumb look on their faces, staring at me. "What is up with you guys?  Can't you move?" I said, snapping my fingers in their faces.  They still sat there, as still as stone statues.
     Wait a minute, I thought.  They were moving... very slowly.  I put my head in my hands. It's happening again, I thought.  I decided to sit tight and not move while it lasted.  I blew my bleach white hair out of my face face and contemplated my situation.  There was no way I could deny whatever the heck was happening to me.  There was no way that I could just quit out on the nights; I've got more class than that.  I could just follow Blade as I had for all of my life.  Good idea, a voice said in my mind that wasn't mine.
     I looked up and saw that the world had returned to normal speed.  Ralphie was sprawled out on one of the boxes.  My face grew red and and I muttered "So what are we going to do?"
     "First," Blade said, walking into the room with a determined look on his face.  "You are going to get a proper introduction to everybody."  He stopped in front of me, arms crossed.
     "What are you talking about?"  I asked, eyebrows creased.  "I've know you guys since... forever!"
     "Obviously, you don't know us as much as we know each other." Rea said, tapping the side of her head.  Blade frowned, but continued to stand upright.
     "Rea here, as you have already learned, is telepathic," Blade said, staring at me.  "She can not control minds at this point.  She can, however, read your mind and speak through it."
    "She wishes she could," Ralphie muttered in his sleep, drooling onto the cardboard box.  Rea aimed a kick at his head, but Ralphie rolled over.
     "Ralphie is a clairvoyant and a very stupid one at that," Blade continued.
     "Hey!" Ralphie yelled, sitting upright.  Rea's hand connected with the back of his head.  "Ow!"  He cried, rubbing the back of his head.
     "What the heck is a clairvoyant?"  I asked, ignoring the commotion in the back.
     "Someone that can tell the future or the present without the use of any tools"  Blade answered, seemingly unperturbed by the vast amount of questions proposed by me.  I, personally, was in awe;  Blade almost never spoke more than ten sentences a day.
     "What the heck is Tony?"  I asked, remembering the scene on top of the roof top.
     "Tony is telekinetic, able to move objects with his mind."  Blade replied, cleaning his pitch black glasses with his shirt.
     "Okay, so if that's everybody, then what the heck am I?"  I asked, wishing that someone had the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment