Pages

Mar 25, 2011

When I met Jinx

I'm doing this for contest, so don't get offended, Jinx.  The contest is for the funnest and craziest story of meeting a friend.  Automatically I thought of you, which is kind of sad.  Oh, well; I hope I win this...
                                                                        *
     I was invited to another middle school dance by some girl I didn't know.  Weighing the option of staying at home and doing boring homework to going to an awkward dance with cheap candies and donuts as refreshments, I chose to go to the dance.  It hadn't been my first middle school dance, so I wasn't surprised to not see anyone dancing.  I was surprised to see circle of students in the middle of the gym (the dance floor).  I pushed my way through the circle of peers and winced as I got closer to the blaring speakers.  Jinx was break-dancing with some other student I had never seen before.  All of the sudden the other student straightened up and clapped and walked backwards into the crowd.  After a while, another 8th grade student came into the circle and started to dance.  This was the first time I had ever seen a dancing competition.  One after another, Jinx bested everyone else at dancing.  I stood in the background, mouth open.
     Some teachers shrugged their ways into the circle and started to yell at Jinx.  One of them grabbed his hand and started to pull him away.  Not thinking, like usual, I put my hand on the teachers should and handed him a 10 dollar bill. 
     "I'll pay for him,"  I said, waving the 10 dollar bill.  The teachers took the dollar bill and walked away.
  After talking with Jinx, I found out that he was from Harris Road Middle School and had decided to crash this party.  Luckily, each Northwest Middle School student could bring one friend for 10 dollars, so he was safe for now. 
     "I owe you one" he had said, straightening out his metal bracelets.
     "Be my friend and you'll be debt free,"  I had said, smiling.
     "Okay," he said, rubbing my hair.
                                                                    *
That was the time I had bought a friend for 10 dollars

No comments:

Post a Comment